|What is a DeGeorge tubular
- A DeGeorge Tubular Skylight brings pleasant sunlight into
any room. A small clear dome on the roof allows sunlight
to enter a highly reflective tube that guides sunshine to
your ceiling. A transcluent diffuser lens gently disperses
natural light throughout your room.
|How do you install a DeGeorge
Quick & Easy Installation:
- No structural changes
No drywall repairs
Installed in just a few hours
Fits all roof styles, especially
well-designed for manufactured homes
- We locate the ideal placement for the DeGeorge Tubular
Skylight so that it will provide the most natural light
within your home, office or work area. We then proceed
to construct the necessary cuts to install the passageway
for the DeGeorge Tubular Skylight to start the project.
- We construct the passageway both on the roof and ceiling
to create the tube area the will later house the DeGeorge
Tubular Skylight. Next we properly install the Seal Flashing
skirt that will insure waterproof installation.
- We insert the DeGeorge Tubular Skylight which has been
specially crafted to move the sunlight throught the reflective
tube and disperse the light throughout your room. After
double checking our cuts and securing the fittings we inspect
again to insure proper installation.
- To complete our roof-mounted installation, we attach
the waterproof Foam Seal, Exterior Dome, Clamp & Storm
Collar as the final process on your new DeGeorge Tubular
- The last stage is to attach the interior waterproof seals,
Insulator Disk & Diffuser. That completes the easy
installation of the DeGeorge Tubular Skylight.
- It's your turn to enjoy the DeGeorge Tubular Skylight
and bring some light into your life.
|Do skylights leak?
- No. Our metal and injection molded roof flashings are one-piece
and seamless to eliminate leakage.
|How does a DeGeorge tubular
skylight differ from a traditional open air skylight?
- Through a DeGeorge Tubular Skylight the light is evenly
dispersed throughout the area. There are no hot spots of
light that can be created by direct sunlight.
- The DeGeorge Tubular Skylight eliminates glare from direct
sunlight as well as provides added comfort since the skylight
does not radiat additional heat.
- Traditional skylights provide too much light in one spot
and not enough light where you want it. The sun's damaging
rays will fade and erode the area's interior when concentrated
in the same spots day after day.
- Because of their typical design, traditional skylights
cause unwanted glare and let in the radiant heat from the
sun that can cause an increase in cooling costs.